Here are a few things to do after a National Disaster Strikes:
- In the wake of disaster, there is much to do as you assess the health and safety of your household as well as next steps to rebuild your life. The first thing you’ll want to do is check communication channels to ensure that local officials have declared it safe to return home.
- When home, cleaning up after a natural disaster can be a daunting task so it’s important keep your health top of mind using these steps:
- Before entering the home, look outside for loose power lines, damaged gas lines, foundation cracks or other damage
- During cleanup, wear protective clothing, including rubber gloves and rubber boots
- Look for flooding or large pools of standing water surrounding your home. These waters can be contaminated with high levels of bacteria that can make you sick, so disinfecting with a solution of bleach and water may help to remove mold and prevent the spread of infections and illness
For myself, I think I have been pretty lucky that I have never been hit with a disaster where it has hurt my home, my car, my family or anything like that, but after teaming up with Clorox, I will definitly make sure that we are more prepared for a disaster like this.
Clorox would like to give one of my readers/followers a $25 Visa Gift Card so that you can be prepared for a disaster.
You must be a follower of my blog and say you are. Leave me your email address so I know how to reach you if you are the winner!
(please remember...this is not part of the Cloth Diaper OORAH Event I have going on currently!)
- Like Clorox on Facebook (comment here w/your Facebook Name)
- Like Coupon Mommy of 3 on Facebook (come check out my flash giveaways on Saturday at 2PM EST) comment that you did
- Tell me what you would do with this $25
- Are you going to play in the Flash Giveaways on my facebook on Thursday night?
I was compensated for my time by The Clorox Company for participating in this project. All prizes and giveaways were provided by Clorox at no cost to me. All views are my own.
As a blog tour participant, I received information and giveaways from The Clorox Company and Consumer Queen at no cost to me. I was compensated for my time by The Clorox Company for participating in this project. All views are my own.