I have teamed with Clorox to tell you all about "National Preparedness Month" and what you need to do to prepare.
I know this won't be the first time you have heard this, but disasters can happen anytime, anywhere whether they be planned (meaning that the news has prepared us) or not planned (meaning no warning from the news). I still remember here in my hometown, Gaston, and it came so fast and how it flooded. No one really knew the extent of it and it happened so fast. All the hurricanes, although we know they are coming, we don't know what damage or how to prepare. You need to remember there are three critical steps to create an emergency plan for your household in case of an emergency.
Did you know that just being prepared is one way to be prepared? When designing your emergency preparedness plan, you can implement the following three easy steps:
- Purchase or build an emergency preparedness kit – Your kit should house enough supplies to last your household a minimum of three days for evacuations and 2 weeks for emergencies at home. Next week, I’ll offer specific tips on building a disaster kit with your family
- Households should create or purchase an emergency preparedness kit with enough supplies for everyone to last three days for evacuations and two weeks for emergencies at home. Include things like: water, non-perishable food, flashlight, radio, first aid kit, a multi-purpose tool, important medications and copies of personal documents. You may also include household liquid bleach such as Clorox for cleaning and disinfecting and emergency water sanitation.
There is going to be a Twitter Party on September 9th at 1PM CST to help to talk about being prepared because it is so important. Join us for a @Clorox Disaster Preparedness Twitter Party & Enter to Win $100 GC. http://bit.ly/apOcV7 #Preparedness Please RT
Clorox would like to give one of my readers a $25 Visa Gift Card to help you get prepared.
The required entries are to be done in 1 comment post, you will have the oppurtunity for extra entries.
- Follow my blog and leave note w/email address on how I know you follow
- Fan Clorox on Facebook and tell them I sent you
- Leave a tip on how you prepare and what you would do with the gift card if you won
Here is where you have the opportunity to earn extra entries (please know this is not part of the Cloth Diaper OORAH Event I have going on)
- Follow Clorox on Twitter and leave me your Twitter ID
- Tweet the following: " Join us for a @Clorox Disaster Preparedness Twitter Party & Enter to Win $100 GC. http://bit.ly/apOcV7 #Preparedness Please RT" daily through 9/9. Just leave your html of where you tweeted
- Fan Coupon Mommy of 3 on facebook and leave me a note
I was compensated for my time by The Clorox Company for participating in this project. All prizes and giveaways were provided by Clorox at no cost to me. All views are my own.
As a blog tour participant, I received information and giveaways from The Clorox Company and Consumer Queen at no cost to me. I was compensated for my time by The Clorox Company for participating in this project. All views are my own.